Veterinary Careers in New York City
Paws at Peace is currently hiring a veterinary assistant in the NYC area! It is a rare opportunity to be partially remote and live in NYC.
Paws at Peace is a small but growing company providing at-home euthanasia and hospice care for pets of NYC and Westchester. Our mission is to make the end of a pet’s life as beautiful as the beginning. We help people at a very difficult time in their lives. It is challenging but rewarding work. We believe that providing an incredible level of service to our clients starts with fostering a company culture that values and respects our employees. We want team members who are happy to come to work every day and feel emotionally and financially fulfilled in their work. If this vision resonates with you, then we would love your application.
Experience in the veterinary field and customer service is helpful but not required.
- Partial work-from-home
- Clients that truly appreciate you
- Opportunities for growth and advancement in this growing company
- Bonuses for hitting revenue targets and for 5-star reviews
- Computer, phone, and reliable WiFi connection at your home for remote work.
- Ability to lift/carry animals up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Comfort with technology and social media
- Driver’s license preferred but not required
- Answer phone calls, emails, and text messages
- Schedule appointments, follow up with clients after appointments
- Assist the doctor in carrying larger patients
- Provide quality of life discussions over the phone with clients (we will train you)
- Clean the office and practice vehicles
- Drop off and pick up laundry
- Communication and outreach to referring veterinarians
- Stocking inventory
- Making gift bags for clients
- Occasionally driving to appointments (employees with a driver’s license)
- Hospice nursing appointments for existing clients: performing medical treatments and assessing patient well being